Thursday, May 1, 2008

lovely chicken and sausage goodness

This is a recipe from Nigella Lawson. When I take any of the "Which Celebrity Chef are You?" quizzes (who knew quizzes had 2 z's?), I turn out to be a Nigella. Honestly, I wasn't exactly surprised by those results; the question about what time is best to eat chocolate cake kind of clinched it for me.

I usually make this full meal as presented by Nigella with garlic roast potatoes, and Petits Pois a la Francaise, which is cooked lettuce with peas. So delicious. I first learned to make lettuce with peas in Culinary school and I was totally impressed with eating hot lettuce, for some strange reason. I thought it a so smashingly un-American dish! I did not make the honey-bee cake last night that Nigella serves with this chicken, although it is a lovely chocolate cake sweetened with honey and I love it. We just had a homemade chocolate cake and I wanted some nasty peanut butter ice cream last night. Yummy!

4 comments:

Lenny Anderson said...

I came up as Jamie Oliver. GO figure.

Unknown said...

how do you make lettuce warm, without making it gross?

Lindsay said...

I also turned up as a Jamie Oliver. However, to be fair, I don't think I fit any of the food network chefs. Especially since "eating on the sofa while watching Monk on TV" was not an option for "where would you eat your ideal meal?" I like to think of myself as a work in progress...

andrew said...

Yes! I've made this Chicken and Sausage recipe also (it was in her Feast cookbook), and it is soooo good.