Friday, May 9, 2008

happy mother's day

Happy (early) mother's day to all the moms out there. Since I do not have children, I get to help the men make mother's day breakfast at church Sunday. I don't expect that the beagles will get me anything but you never know with those crazy hound dogs. We had a terrific thunderstorm last night and of course the dogs were scared. I feel like a mom this morning since I was up a lot of the night trying to "make it all better" for them.

The picture above is of my mom and dad before they were married. My mom must have been very young in this picture since she was married at 16! I love everything about the picture - her dress, her demure little handbag, the car, my dad hugging her around the waist, the love between them. I posted a picture of both my parents since mother's day happens to be on my dad's birthday this year. I remember that happening when I was a kid. I didn't understand about movable holidays v. fixed holidays, so I could not understand why my dad's birthday wasn't always on mother's day or why my birthday was once on Palm Sunday but not always. Anyway, I know mother's day this year might be hard on my mom since my dad passed away very unexpectedly a few years ago and here is it his birthday. I don't mean to be downer on such an occasion, but I don't know what to say to my mom about all this besides I love you. My wish for my mom this mother's day is that she will always keep the love that she had for my father that is so apparent to me in this picture. From my lips to God's giant ears.

1 comment:

Lenny Anderson said...

(( O O ))
V
\___/

(pic of big-eared God smilling at you)