Thursday, May 8, 2008

daydreams and pasta


I have this crazy daydream sometimes about my husband and I owning a small dairy farm where we would make goat's cheese and milk that is not full of antibiotics. We would go for long walks with the beagles and it would be such a perfect life with goats and goat's cheese. Right.

Truth is I already live on a farm. We only live on the farm, we do not work the farm. There are no goats on the farm. Actually there are no farm animals on the farm, only dogs. I have considered getting a chicken house and some chickens to put in the chicken house but it seems like I have enough to do without having to take care of chickens, also.

Ok, enough blathering on about goats. I adapted this recipe from Everyday Food. I had mushrooms that I wanted to use, so I used mushrooms instead of asparagus (we just had asparagus the night before). My husband really liked this pasta dish. Ok, so here is my adaptation. I used 1 tablespoon of butter to saute' 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms and I added 1/2 a cup of grated Parmesan to the finished pasta since mine seemed kind of soupy and was not really coming together as a creamy sauce as advertised.

As pictured, we have Italian sausage with this. We also had a tossed salad with a sundried tomato vinaigrette. I worry that people don't think we eat vegetables since they are usually not in the dinner pictures. We do - it's usually some sort of salad with a homemade dressing of sorts.

By the way, someone asked what kind of plates my blue plates are. They are Currier and Ives and each plate has a different Currier and Ives scene in the center. I super big time heart them and would love more pieces!

No comments: