Wednesday, April 23, 2008

lemon and blueberry


There are some flavor combinations that are just so perfect. Peanut butter and chocolate, strawberries and cream, mint and chocolate, broccoli and cheddar, and lemon and blueberry. I am crazy about the combination of lemon and blueberry! I made these lemon blueberry cheesecake bars that Tyler Florence made on his show "Tyler's Ultimate". I did not make any changes to the recipe, which might be a first for me. I think the recipe was just perfect the way it was published.

I made these last night after work and since they need to be refrigerated for at least 3 hours, we could not eat them last night. My husband was not happy about that. Kind of the way he feels when I bake something to take to church or work. I have to make two of that thing, you know? One for church or work and one for the man who lives with me. While the lemon blueberry cheesecake bars were chilling out overnight, I had crazy dreams about people trying to steal my beagles. I got up this morning and cut the cheese cake bars and since the edges needed to be trimmed off to make perfect squares, well, we just had to eat the edges. Oh, the sacrifices one must make for square edges!

Lemon blueberry cheese cake bars (or rather the edges) are absolutely delicious and very easy (as long as you have a big food processor) to make. You should make some right now! I am looking forward to having one tonight after dinner. Is it wrong that thinking about eating one will make the day a little better?

No comments: