Friday, April 4, 2008

Chicken and pasta again?



If this food looks familiar it is because I took the leftover cooked pasta and chicken from Tuesday night and made a cold chicken primavera from it. Now, that is not to say that I used the completed dish for this, but when I cooked the pasta and chicken for Tuesday night, I cooked more than I needed, you know? So, I had chicken and pasta that was not mixed with the spinach and cheese. I don't know why I am dwelling on that so much? Ok, moving on... I really love pasta primavera. It is one of my favorite spring or summer dishes. There are so many ways to make it but here is mine.


Chicken Primavera
1/2 lb. cooked, cold tube pasta
2 grilled chicken breast, cooled and cute into bite sized pieces
1 head of broccoli - florets only, blanched and cooled
6 cherry tomatoes
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1 cup of good quality store bought mayonnaise
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of creole seasoning (I like this one)
1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
fresh cracked black pepper to taste

Combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, onions, salt, and creole seasoning in a large bowl. Mix to combine well. Add the remaining ingredients to combine well. I enjoy this served over baby red romaine lettuce. Sometimes I like to add thinly sliced carrots but I did not want them last night. I was all about soft and creamy.

Last night was repurpose night at my house. I ate leftovers and started to make an oblong tablecloth from a square tablecloth. I bought the square tablecloth a few years ago when I had a square table. I sold that table when we moved from Michigan. I now have an oval table so the square tablecloth has just been in storage. Anyway, it is nearly done. I need to pick up some binding tape to finish it. I made a pattern for it from newpaper and my girl beagle was very excited about that! She was running around the house and howling and just being a generally bad beagle. She is always like that when my husband isn't home. Huck, the boy beagle was just scared of it all. He really hates change.

I am actively looking for a new camera but sheesh, I hate to part with the cash.

No comments: