Thursday, October 9, 2008

perspective

I did actually cook last week while my sister was visiting but I guess we did not really get any pictures of those items... among other things, I made Chicken Tikka Masala which was fabulous. The recipe is from America's Test Kitchen, the fine folks who bring us Cook's Illustrated and Cook's Country magazines. This particular recipe is free on their website but you do have to register to get it. I will start posting again about food very soon. I am going to order a camera today! Yes, today! Although we had pizza for dinner last night at my house. I didn't make the pizza. Heck, I didn't even make the phone call to order the pizza. Anyhoo, my point is that a pizza box wouldn't be a very exciting picture for my blog...

The picture above was taken at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden last week. It is called House 1 from Roy Lichtenstein and is completely amazing. I was a little more than mesmerized by this house as it is an optical illusion and a lesson on perspective and reminder that things are not always what they appear to be.

Here it is again from a different angle. The side shown in the first picture is actually the concave or rather folded side in the picture above. I found a video on Youtube that better illustrates the houses overall effect but really one should see it in person as the video is bumpy and does not or really cannot capture the full effect.

No comments: