Friday, October 10, 2008

new camera!

I ordered a new camera yesterday. It is a Fuji Finepix S700. I think I will be happy with it. The only real drawback is that I realized too late that this camera did not get good reviews for quality shots in low light which is definitely the lighting situation in my kitchen in the winter time. I guess I can compensate for that somehow.

Actually, this camera was not on my initial list of cameras that I thought I wanted since I feared it was out of my price range. Turns out, it is not.

I cannot wait for it to get here. I am excited. Yes, excited.

I had an email exchange with a friend about my fear that this camera was stolen. I was unsure how someone came into possession of 100 refurbished Fuji Finepix cameras and she (jokingly) suggested that I email him and ask if the cameras were stolen admitting that this could be awkward. So, I (jokingly) typed up that email and sent it to my friend. It went a little something like this...

"Dear Sir,
I realize I am a nutty fool for asking this, but how did you happen to come into possession of 100 refurbished Fuji Finepix S700 cameras? I am not a cop or a fink or anything but I want to make sure that you did not steal them. You see, I obsessively worry about purchasing stolen goods and would hate to buy a camera from you that might be... well, as those young people say "hot"! I am sure you can understand my moral dilemma here because buying a "hot" camera would make me an accomplice or, at the very least, an enabler and well, Jesus hates an enabler!
All best,
A crazy obsessive freak"

Happy Friday!

No comments: