Wednesday, September 10, 2008

post #101

I did not notice that my last post was number 100. I suppose that is some sort of a milestone. Hooray!

Here is another dish I made before my camera went ca puts. It is pastitsio and is delicious. Basically, this is a pasta dish of a tomato meat sauce, layer with tube pasta and covered with a blanket of rich delicious bechamel sauce. All my reading on the internet suggests that this dish is Greek but I think it is really an American creation... maybe made by Greek in America, you know? Like spaghetti and meatballs is not Italian because the Italians never eat meatballs with pasta, BUT Italian families in America eat spaghetti and meatballs. Regardless, the Chinese invented pasta, really so all this "pasta is Italian food" is crazy talk!

Anyway, I did a lot of reading about this dish on the internet and came up with a recipe that I thought my husband and I would enjoy and settled on this one from Falling Cloudberries, a cookbook that I want to add to my collection. I rarely purchase cookbooks for various reasons but this one looks interesting and worth the money.

1 comment:

barelymeasured said...

i miss you. i think you should come see me.. and bring these leftovers.. haha! how are pebbles and huck?