Wednesday, July 23, 2008

let them eat bread

I made a trial bread salad before debuting it at culinary camp. It was the only recipe that I felt was not perfected going into the camp. I served it with Nigella's "lunch dish" that I blather on endlessly about here. I added some shredded cheddar cheese to the top and left the boiled eggs out of the filling since the man that lives with me wanted it that way. The bread salad recipe is from Emerile Lagasse' and I added feta cheese to it since I had some. I like bread salad quite a lot but my husband thinks it is weird, so we don't eat it ofter. The Clipper City Gold Ale was really good, too!

I am on vacation from work next week and I plan to
- paint our master bed room
- refinish a adorable child's rocking chair I got last November for $15
- go to Ikea (it's a 1.5 hour drive!)
- cook a lot
- sew some place mats and napkins
- read
- watch baseball
- get some rest


I will not be blogging while on vacation. :) I will not be looking at a computer screen at all. Not at all.

1 comment:

barelymeasured said...

mmmm, i miss homemade food. could you please come and cook me something? :o)