Monday, August 4, 2008

vacation


So, I got a lot done on vacation. I know that is a strange sounding sentence since vacation is supposed to be about relaxing but I am not one to do nothing. It's just not in my blood.

I managed to do everything on my list except for refinishing the small, ugly pink rocking chair. Our master bedroom has been repainted from a 30 year old, dull, cold white to a fresh coat of "Devonshire Cream" from Martha Stewart. It's just dreamy. We rearranged the furniture and added a couple of new furniture pieces to the room. The beagles even got a new doggie den or crate. I might even get a picture of it. The bedroom, not the dog crate. I made a new valance for my bathroom which is lovely and I put up new blinds in the master bedroom, sewing room and kitchen. All of those rooms have valances or curtains, too but the blinds were in terrible condition. I washed them pretty regularly but they were there years before me, you know? Anyway, new blinds are pretty.

I watched some baseball, cooked some food. I made a Chicken Taka Masala from a recipe from Cooks Illustrated. I understand that they are really picky about people putting their recipes on blogs so I will leave it at that!

I have company coming this week - Tuesday my husband's best friend from his undergraduate college and his wife are coming to visit for one night on the way to the beach, which will involve me making lasagna rolls and Caesar salad and Tiramisu for them. I should get some wine for that... I should bake some bread tonight. Wow... I have a lot to do. Anyway, my mother in law is coming for like 3 days on Friday and that of course gives me more excuse to cook and clean and that makes me happy. Really, it makes me happy to cook and clean.

Okay, back to work.

No comments: