Monday, July 7, 2008

here's some raw meat

Seriously, I ate that. After it was cooked. Well, more like seared. I like my rib-eye medium rare. It was really good. I must admit that although I am the least PC girl in the room right now, I know how unPC this looks - red meat, lots of fat and Styrofoam!

I think I mentioned that Lenny was out of town most of last week. I wasn't really sure what he wanted to for the 4th so, I didn't make any plans including food. So, we went to the grocery store on the 4th and he announced he wanted steak, corn on the cob, salad, and bread. Okay, I can do that. We had these lovely, giant rib-eyes with bone in with the requested corn on the cob and Caesar salad. Oh, and bread.


I make my own Caesar salad dressing and croûtons. I love Caesar salad. It's not Italian, just thought you might like to know that. It does go well with Italian food. Here it is with the cheese, lettuce and croûtons before being tossed with the dressing.

Here it is dressed. Yummy, yummy in my tummy.

Caesar salad dressing that is much better than anything in a jar

1/4 cup olive oil
1 egg
2 tablespoons each of Parmesan cheese and lemon juice
1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
2 anchovy fillets
cracked black pepper
1 clove of garlic, crushed
kosher salt to taste

Mix all in the blender until well blended and smooth and creamy. The rest of the salad is just romaine, Parmesan, croûtons, and salt and pepper. It's good.

Besides eating steak, salad, bread, and corn on the cob, we spent some time all together with the beagles and watched the Tigers lose and then the Boston pops on TV. It rained rather heavily around here, so I am glad we did not attempt to go out for fireworks.

By the way, the finches are eating me out of house and home! Who knew lovely little yellow birds could be such little piggies!

No comments: