Monday, August 18, 2008

land of the living


Oh yuck, I was so sick last week. I really hate being sick. I don't think many people like being sick but this last cold is a real drag. I am feeling better today. Actually, I felt okay yesterday, so I actually went to church and the grocery store. I also made dinner. Pictured above is the fruit of my labor last night - garlic rubbed flank steak with chimichurri sauce served with yellow rice and black beans. Oh my gosh, this was so delicious! My husband proclaimed the meal to be "excellent" and I was feeling pretty good about myself. I got the recipe from Cooking Light and it can be found for free on their website. I guess since they publish the recipe on the web, I could list the recipe here but I have all this fear about the Cooking Light police coming and messing with me, you know?

Anyway, while sick I managed to read a lot, watch many episodes of Monk, and sleep. Also, I planned out a quilt I am going to make. I have never made a quilt before, but I am feeling pretty confident. I need to get to the fabric store and get started since I want to have it finished when my sister comes to visit at the end of September. Hmmm.... crazy, right?

1 comment:

andrew said...

I'm definitely going to try the chimichurri sauce (we've got parsley overload right now) - you asked about herb growing advice...I really don't have much - the one thing we did this year, which I'm assuming helped, was dig out a bunch of the soil in the herb garden and replace it with some organic top soil/compost blend from a local nursery. I'm totally a beginning gardener too, so I'm not quite sure what works and what doesn't!