Wednesday, March 19, 2008

let there be light

I finally made this bottle into a lamp. A friend drilled a hole in it for me like last summer. I bought a lamp kit and my husband put it together for me but it has sat in a closet with no shade for months. I just couldn't find the perfect shade for it until last weekend at Kmart of all places. That Martha Stewart is always one step ahead of me.

My husband is planning to send this little lamp away to a friend for a wedding gift. The bottle is a Balzams bottle; Balzams is the official drink of Latvia; the friend is also from Latvia. Makes sense, no? Unfortunately, the lamp is so cute that I really want to keep it. I suppose it is always better to be generous.

On a completely different note, I promised recipes on this blog and will be posting some later today.

No comments: