Tuesday, August 10, 2010

simple



This is my first orchid. Wish me luck.

I have been thinking a lot lately about being simple. Not that I am complicated by any stretch - life has gotten a lot more simple since we moved to PA in February. I am completely off of the "earn to spend" treadmill... well, almost completely. I often feel guilty about only working part time but I know a full time job would involve a new wardrobe, perhaps a new car, hiring a housekeeper, more convenience food, more eating out, more stress, etc. I really don't want any part of it anymore. More money would be nice but not at that cost.

I don't know where I am heading with my thoughts on simplicity but I know I am interested in the concept of owning less than 100 personal items and having only what I need versus what I want. So, this post is certainly to be continued...

No comments: