Saturday, January 1, 2011

the one where I endeavor to start over...



It's a new year, so I firgure it's a chance to breath some life and love into ye olde blogge. I hope everyone had a fabulous 2010 and that 2011 is even better. 2010was a good year for my little family. We moved to a lovely new town in a lovely new state for Lenny to start work at a lovely new church. The Beagles are both healty and happy and playful and cute. While my health in 2010 was less than what I had hoped for, I managed to avoid hospital stays and that makes me happy.

Concerning food for New Year's Day, I grew up eating blackeyed peas and rice and pork chops. Lenny always had sauerkraut with potatoes and sausage. I think each is supposed to bring good luck and money which is cool. We are having the sausage with kraut and potatoes since it just seems like a good idea. I am not a huge fan of sauerkraut honestly. I can't say that I dislike it but I can only eat small amounts at a time and always with sausage and mustard. I do love mustard of all kinds. Right now we are still in our pj's watching the Rose Bowl Parade which is just carzy for us since it is noon!

I am not big on resolutions but I am going to make an attepmt to blog with more regularity this year. I am told that besides cooing I am really good at organizing and homemaking/cleaning. I take these things for granted actually. I assume that everyone knows HOW to do these things, they just choose not to do these things. I say this to say that I might start blogging more about organizing and cleaning projects along with cooking and the occassional crafty items.

No comments: